With summer fast around the corner, it is BBQ season! I can’t help but love the veggies you can grill directly on the BBQ. Sweet Peppers is by far one of my favourites. They are good with veggie dip but they are even better when cooked above a fire.
These are so simple to make and use minimum ingredients. And well I just love them!
These can be made a couple hours in advance and kept in the fridge, and taken out to the BBQ when you are ready for them. I like to have everything preped and ready if I can so that when it comes time to start BBQin’ I am not standing in the kitchen chopping and dicing while running back and forth to check what I have on the grill.
To save some dishes these can be made in a zip lock bag, add ingredients, shake, grill – DONE!
When you BBQ a pepper it softens it ever so slightly and sucks in the flavour but yet leaving that sweet pepper taste with the crunch still just making you want another.
Roasted Sweet Pepper
Prep Time: 5 Minutes Cook Time: 10-12 Minutes Serving: 2-3 People
- 2 sweet peppers, yellow and orange are perfect flavour
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 Tablespoon garlic seasoning, I prefer Club House Garlic Plus or any brand you have on hand. A vegetable seasoning mix works well also. If you do not have a premed spice, you can always just add your favourite seasoning to your liking
What you need to do:
- Wash and remove the seeds and stem from peppers. Cut into 4’s.
- Place into a bowl, add olive oil and seasoning. And toss to cover peppers.
- Place the skin side down first on your med-high BBQ and cook for approximately 4-5 minutes until a nice charred effect and slight wrinkling is occurring. Then flip and cook the other side. For another 5 minutes or so. You want them to stay firm and not get mushy.
- Once done remove from the BBQ and enjoy!